Working in Denmark. Or: Being drunk at work on a regular basis.

I find working in Denmark quite nice. They have a pretty flat hierarchy here, so the atmosphere in the office is generally very relaxed. I am even more lucky with my company because it's a pretty young start-up company and the whole thing is made up of my two bosses and currently 10 interns. It's a very young and very international team (from Denmark, Norway, Hungary, Romania, England, USA, Poland and Germany of course...more people from South America and Italy will join us on Monday, actually).

Our bosses consider themselves more like "our mentors" and repeatedly told us that it's them working for us, not the other way around. We basically sit in this completely new office space all day and do our thing and only when we're stuck with something we go and ask them to help with their expertise.

I learn a lot every day because I am being thrown in the cold water, so to speak. My official title would be "Maket Manager DACH", meaning I am solely responsible for the complete move into the German speaking countries. That includes everything from the very first market research over the contract negotiations and marketing campaigns, to customer care after the successful implementation in the new market. It's exciting.

So we work a lot. But those who work hard also party hard.
Another thing about working in Denmark is the traditional "Friday Bar" every company apparently has. That means on Friday we end work early (1 hour early) and sit down to drink a couple of beers (or wine) and sometimes have cake with everybody. We listen to music, chat, lounge on the new, super big couch and have fun. It's a super neat tradition, if you ask me. ;)


And in between we have those "team events" we hold in order to get closer. These are of course hold during the week (we end work about 2 hours early) and the next day we can come in about 2 hours later to nurse our hangovers. Where else in the world do you find a working environment like this? Certainly not in Germany or China, haha. ;)

For our first team event about 2 weeks ago we first had a private wine tasting at the office, for which the bosses bought about 8 different wines. Afterwards (yeah, maybe having smth in our stomachs before we try all the wine and get very tipsy would have been smart...XD) they cooked for us a really delicious meal of beef, potatoes, vegetables, salad and tiramisu for dessert. Then we went out for beers and cocktails at three different bars all over town. It was a really great night. =D

Wine tasting. With some great bread and olive oil.

Almost everybody, one is missing. Bosses are the fist two guys on the right, of course. ;)

Men in the kitchen. =D

So so so good this food!

Pretty far into the night at the first bar.

Another bar. I just loved this, haha.
That picture on the right says "Step aside coffee, this is a job for alcohol", in case you can't properly read it. :)

Ah, see our office space? It's so big and light and new. ♥ We just moved into it like 3 weeks ago and everything was renovated before, with new kitchen and everything. We're still working on getting some plants in there to make it look more homey, but I like it a lot! :)

3 comments:

  1. Everything sounds sooo good. I kinda envy you. You're probably sick of hearing this from me, sorry XD
    But I'm really glad you like it there (mostly) and have such awesome bosses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks funny!! Good pictures :)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 

About this place

This blog started out as a place to keep my family and friends updated during my time as exchange student. That's why the initial posts here are written in German. Then I decided to try and become more serious about blogging. So I revamped the blog and started writing in English for a broader audience and for now....here we are. :D I may be writing about my past journeys and translate the older entries, too. But there's still a lot to do and I will try to do it one thing after the other. It'll be a slow process, so please bear with me. :)

About the tales

I am neither a professional writer, nor a professional photographer, so what you will read here are my personal, often clumsy, stories about my travels and adventures, friends and companions, accentuated by mobile phone pictures. I do own a Nikon DSLR camera, which is put to use sometimes, but more often than not I am too lazy to carry it around with me while exploring places. I work hard to support my lifestyle and my dreams, so while it will take me longer to go on the next journey, I can go proudly because I have earned it all myself. ❤

About the Globetrotter

My photo
I am an int'l business graduate, freelance translator and customer relations manager for a well-known online travel agency and have lived in Germany, China, Denmark and Spain. I immensely enjoy exploring new places, meeting new people and learning about their culture, language and lifestyle. My preferred travel destination is Asia, but I want to see the rest of the world, too. Well, most of it. On top of my list is Pyongyang. I will get there, eventually.