Tivoli

Tivoli is the second oldest amusement park in the world and located smack in the city center of Copenhagen.
The last (and first) time I came to Copenhagen with my friend we wanted to go there but unfortunately it was closed then, as it was off-season. Right now it's open for Halloween season, so of course I wanted to check it out.
Admission tickets are only 95 DKK (~13 EUR), but then that really just includes admission into the park and all rides cost extra (between 10 and 60 DKK!). But as the colleague I went with is scared of rollercoasters anyway and riding alone is no fun, that was just fine for us. There was still a lot to see, as Tivoli is not your average big-ass, cold amusement park.


We bought the tickets a while ago and just wanted to pick a nice weekend to go, but then on Friday the weather was so nice and the forecast for the weekend was so bad (and it would have been the last possible weekend to go as Tivoli closes again at 27th and only opens for Christmas season again), that we spontaneously decided to go after work - the park would be open until 11 pm after all.
So I only had my phone camera with me and even that decided to be especially bitchy that day, but okay. I fully intend to go back for Christmas season as it's my favorite holiday and the Tivoli decorations and the plays they present are just all kinds of beautiful.

The entrance. Don't you just love the décor?

More decoration.

And some more.

They have the China-theme going on in one corner of the park...

Chinese food stalls

My new boyfriend

Fooling around with the stuff they try to sell to the poor tourists, haha
That ship's a restaurant. Pretty cool, imho.

Little China
(which they actually call "the Japanese something" but then put up all the Chinese stuff, probably without even realizing. Le sigh.)

Cake, anybody? =D

Tivoli Biergarten!
German restaurant, jup. :D

Of course that is where we would go. Also because it was pretty cheap b/c this right there is a children's plate for half-price and it filled us pretty well! o_O

Flying swing~
That bright thing up there is actually the moon. Fully moon for our night out at Halloween-themed Tivoli. Perfect. =3


All in all a really nice day and I am glad we went because the weekend had indeed been nasty. ^^


1 comments:

 

About this place

This blog started out as a place to keep my family and friends updated during my time as exchange student. That's why the initial posts here are written in German. Then I decided to try and become more serious about blogging. So I revamped the blog and started writing in English for a broader audience and for now....here we are. :D I may be writing about my past journeys and translate the older entries, too. But there's still a lot to do and I will try to do it one thing after the other. It'll be a slow process, so please bear with me. :)

About the tales

I am neither a professional writer, nor a professional photographer, so what you will read here are my personal, often clumsy, stories about my travels and adventures, friends and companions, accentuated by mobile phone pictures. I do own a Nikon DSLR camera, which is put to use sometimes, but more often than not I am too lazy to carry it around with me while exploring places. I work hard to support my lifestyle and my dreams, so while it will take me longer to go on the next journey, I can go proudly because I have earned it all myself. ❤

About the Globetrotter

My photo
I am an int'l business graduate, freelance translator and customer relations manager for a well-known online travel agency and have lived in Germany, China, Denmark and Spain. I immensely enjoy exploring new places, meeting new people and learning about their culture, language and lifestyle. My preferred travel destination is Asia, but I want to see the rest of the world, too. Well, most of it. On top of my list is Pyongyang. I will get there, eventually.