One-day trip to Sweden

From Copenhagen, going to Sweden is the easiest thing. The countries are connected by a bridge just outside of the city, next to Copenhagen Int'l Airport. So of course I had to take my brother to Sweden while he was here.

While it wasn't my first time in Sweden (I had been there for New Year's about 13 years ago), it was my first time in Malmö, which is the city closest to the bridge on the Swedish side. I had forgotten how beautiful this country is. It's of course quite similar to Denmark, yet so different. My brother thought the city was kinda ugly, but I found Malmö to be a lot prettier than Copenhagen, idk.


What I liked most was that all the Christmas decoration was still up. In Copenhagen there was no trace of all the amazing Christmas lights anymore when we returned, but Malmö still looked all Christmassy and that was great. ♥

I did expect to be able to read and understand more, now that I kind of know Danish, but Swedish is, while very similar, a lot more different than I expected and trying to understand Swedish had been just as hard as 13 years ago, haha.

Giant. Glowing. Teddy! He welcomed us at the station. What more is there to say? I love Sweden. 8D

Extraordinarily bad picture of a great mall: Emporia. Gotta love that architecture.

Inside Emporia. I fell in love with their Christmas deco.
Also: pink escalatooooors!

Especially with that tree. Why so pretty? Can I take it home? Please?

The mall also had a Dim Sum restaurant! =O I think it was the first I have ever seen outside of China! Of course we had to have lunch there! ;___; 

On the rooftop of the mall is an observation deck. On good days you can oversee the whole bay with the Oresund Bridge and Denmark. Of course we chose the only day it rained all day long. Well, you can still kinda see the bridge. Sorta.

City Center.

More Christmas deco.

Pretty city.

Some more of the pretty city.

It was kind of a pity that it rained all day. We had good weather all the other days. -.-
We didn't do much, except going to that mall and visiting the city center. My brother bought some souvenirs, I went to Starbucks (because we only have two in Copenhagen and these are close together at the ooooother end of the city. A tragedy for an addict like me!) and then we went back home to have that amazing dinner and the awesome Japanese restaurant I talked about in my last entry.

Oh well. But we've been to Sweden, haha.
I'd like to travel to Gothenborg and Landskrona (where I have been 13 years ago) again and I really wanna travel to Oslo, because Norway is the only Scandinavian country that I haven't been able to visit so far, but then I just purchased tickets for my next big adventure, so once again Europe will have to wait. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About this place

This blog started out as a place to keep my family and friends updated during my time as exchange student. That's why the initial posts here are written in German. Then I decided to try and become more serious about blogging. So I revamped the blog and started writing in English for a broader audience and for now....here we are. :D I may be writing about my past journeys and translate the older entries, too. But there's still a lot to do and I will try to do it one thing after the other. It'll be a slow process, so please bear with me. :)

About the tales

I am neither a professional writer, nor a professional photographer, so what you will read here are my personal, often clumsy, stories about my travels and adventures, friends and companions, accentuated by mobile phone pictures. I do own a Nikon DSLR camera, which is put to use sometimes, but more often than not I am too lazy to carry it around with me while exploring places. I work hard to support my lifestyle and my dreams, so while it will take me longer to go on the next journey, I can go proudly because I have earned it all myself. ❤

About the Globetrotter

My photo
I am an int'l business graduate, freelance translator and customer relations manager for a well-known online travel agency and have lived in Germany, China, Denmark and Spain. I immensely enjoy exploring new places, meeting new people and learning about their culture, language and lifestyle. My preferred travel destination is Asia, but I want to see the rest of the world, too. Well, most of it. On top of my list is Pyongyang. I will get there, eventually.