Selamat datang ke Pulau Pangkor

....is Malay for "Welcome to Pangkor Island", which is where I went recently. From 18th till 25th July I went back to Malaysia with two friends. We spent the first two days in Kuala Lumpur, then went to Pangkor Island for 3 days and finally went back to Kuala Lumpur for another 2 days.



I will not write about Kuala Lumpur again, because I have been there before and wrote about it here. Pangkor Island had been quite amazing, though. ;)

The whole purpose of this trip was to get a new China visa, which we can apparently only get in Germany or Malaysia, since the visa regulations have been changed on 1st July 2013. It's a long story, really. So after we had handed in all documents at the Chinese embassy in Kuala Lumpur, we went on a short sightseeing trip through the city since it was my friend's first time there. After that it was off to the beach to wait for the visa there. :D

Way too early the next morning we went on a 6-hour bus ride to Lumut, where we took a small boat to Pangkor Island. There we took a taxi to Teluk Nipah, where our hotel was located. Teluk Nipah was on the other side of the island from where the boat landed, but considering the whole island is only 8 km² big, it really wasn't that long a ride. ;)

Teluk Nipah


Teluk Nipah. And that's all there was about this town. :)

Basically, we did nothing but laying on the beach all day, so we didn't really see anything on the island except that quaint town, but we didn't care, it was beautiful enough. ;) We went to the beach in the mornings, when the water came to flood our beach in the afternoon we went to eat, and in the early evening we went back to claim our beach again. Now that's what I call holidays. :D

Chillin'~

Picturesque...

Beeeaaach...

More water~.

That beach was also called "Money Bay" and living up to it's name, there was always a small horde of monkeys around. They kept stealing things from the small group of Indian tourists, but thankfully left us alone. Maybe that's why we were mostly alone there, haha. So it was perfect, really. We were lucky not to be bothered by the moneys and still had most of this amazing beach to ourselves. (^_^)

Amazing sunsets included....

Going down...

...and disappearing. Those photos are not photoshopped.

....neither was this. ♥

I really liked out hotel. It was like 3 minutes on foot from the beach and we had one of those small shacks, just like you imagine it to be. :D

Shack

This little guest found it super entertaining to destroy our trashcans in front of our shacks. -.-
Wild monkeys are not quite as cute as those in the zoo. xD;

For our last night we went about a kilometer outside of Teluk Nipah. In the middle of nowhere, on the roadside of a curvy, hilly road on the way to the neighboring town was this fantastic restaurant right at the beach. We had dinner there, enjoying the last amazing sunset, before we went to bed early and took the first boat back to Lumut at 7 am the next morning.

Restaurant~
"Daddy's Cafe". :3

More great guests you don't usually see outside of a zoo. ^^

With a view like this the food is extra good. ♥

Maybe I will upload a few more Kuala Lumpur photos, after all. We did take some nice ones. :D


2 comments:

  1. Ach das sieht doch richtig nach Urlaub aus !! ♥ OKAY ist natürlich super doof, dass man erstmal ein neues Visum beantragen muss...aber ihr habt ja fas Beste daraus gemacht! ♡ Die Bilder sind ein Traum! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures!! I love them!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 

About this place

This blog started out as a place to keep my family and friends updated during my time as exchange student. That's why the initial posts here are written in German. Then I decided to try and become more serious about blogging. So I revamped the blog and started writing in English for a broader audience and for now....here we are. :D I may be writing about my past journeys and translate the older entries, too. But there's still a lot to do and I will try to do it one thing after the other. It'll be a slow process, so please bear with me. :)

About the tales

I am neither a professional writer, nor a professional photographer, so what you will read here are my personal, often clumsy, stories about my travels and adventures, friends and companions, accentuated by mobile phone pictures. I do own a Nikon DSLR camera, which is put to use sometimes, but more often than not I am too lazy to carry it around with me while exploring places. I work hard to support my lifestyle and my dreams, so while it will take me longer to go on the next journey, I can go proudly because I have earned it all myself. ❤

About the Globetrotter

My photo
I am an int'l business graduate, freelance translator and customer relations manager for a well-known online travel agency and have lived in Germany, China, Denmark and Spain. I immensely enjoy exploring new places, meeting new people and learning about their culture, language and lifestyle. My preferred travel destination is Asia, but I want to see the rest of the world, too. Well, most of it. On top of my list is Pyongyang. I will get there, eventually.